Monday, August 27, 2012

Beltre Bandwagoning





I will confess to being an Adrian Beltre Bandwagoner.  There seems to be a lot of that going on right now, what with his three home run night, followed two days later by hitting for the cycle.  I'm glad he's getting the attention he deserves, but all of a sudden his cards are getting more expensive and that sucks for me.  I at least can say my bandwagoning started when he started playing for the Rangers last year.  And I can also document when I started my Betre fandom: here, here and here.

And as I look back, this may have been the moment when I realized how much fun it was to have this guy (and Elvis Andrus) on your team:



So I claim legitimate fandom of Adrian Beltre, and was ahead of the rest of the bandwagoners when I picked up this Bowman Chrome rookie of him recently.
I now have the Bowman Chrome, Bowman International, and Bowman's Best from his rookie year of 1997.  I just need his Bowman Chrome International, and Bowman Chrome International Refractor and I'll be set.  I also want to point out how ridiculous I felt typing out the previous sentence.  But I do need those cards, and I like to think this is the stare of pride of would get from Beltre once I got them:


1 comment:

AdamE said...

I liked the guy when he was on my team. He definatly gives 100% every night. Just dont' touch his head...