Folks, we have a full blown scandal on our hands! Yesterday, with pure pleasure I showed you that yours truly was a topic of conversation on the eTopps message board. At least, my blog was. Those of you who have followed my blog know that I have been a champion of eTopps from the get-go, and even when I was aggravated with them, I acknowledged that their product was fantastic. I’ve even sent several of you your first eTopps cards through trades and answered questions on how the program works. So I was very excited to see that my little blog had become visible to some of the heavy hitters in the eTopps world. I posted the discussion thread yesterday, and last night there were a few additional comments that I didn’t capture. I think one guy took me seriously when I said I was “the greatest blogger who ever lived.” But that was fine too.
So I was anxious this morning to see what, if any, new comments had been posted on this thread before interest in it dried up. I clicked the link and….nothing. The post about my blog was gone!
I was pretty confused. Why would that thread be removed by the moderator? It surely couldn’t have been because of a perception that I was anti-eTopps. There are far worse things said about eTopps on the message boards than anything I’ve ever said. I’ve never referred to anyone at eTopps as “monkeys.” Maybe they didn’t like me posting their ridiculous response to myquestion a few weeks ago. But my posts are typically positive. Perhaps there is a guideline against linking to other websites? I don’t know, but, whatever the reason, the thread was gone. My new ally in the eTopps world, Diamondjake, was also incredulous. He later this morning posted a follow up thread: “Wow…. Really?” I took a screen shot again in case eTopps censors this one too:
I haven’t been this interested in the eTopps message board since (inside eTopps reference) Boysofsummer was an active member and stirred things up.
This is not the first scandal associated with this blog. Let’s revisit the top 5 scandals in Napkin Doon History:
1) Mystery of the Vanishing eTopps Message Thread. So scandalous.
2) Chicago Dog Temporarily Closes During The First Annual Napkin Doon Northwest Arkansas Hot Dog Tournament. Maybe there was more to this than meets the eye? Was their foul play involved? We may never know.
3) LostCollector Raises a Ruckus. Everyone’s favorite new daddy couldn’t get a hold of himself when I made an executive decision regarding White Oak’s offering in the Hot Dog Tournament.
4) Death of the Doonboggle. I was actually pretty pleased with my Doonboggle concept, but it never caught on, mostly because of Eric from Manupatches and Mustaches. It was his fault.
5) Top 5 Scandal list only had 4 scandals. I could only think of 4 things, but had already said this would be a top 5 list. So that’s a scandal in itself.
My God, blogging is fun.