Friday, December 27, 2013

Three Cheers For The Lovely Wife!

I assume you guys don't want to listen to me carry on about how much I love my wife, so I won't go on and on, other to say: I definitely got a good one with her.

Not only is she my best friend, she is the heart and soul of our family, the smartest person I know, and most importantly, she is scorching hot. 

She also got me two of the most awesome 1952 Bowman cards in the set from Cleve's for Christmas:


When I opened this Christmas morning and sat there stunned and slack jawed, she said, "I hope I got the right ones.  Cleve showed me the 1952 Bowman cards he had and I remembered you mentioning Bob Feller.  Is that one ok?"

Is that one ok?  Um, yes just a bit.

Under the Feller was this:


My eyes bugged out of my head and she continued, "Cleve said you could exchange these if you want something else."

Yeah, no I am not returning Bob Feller and/or Duke Snider.  Even IF I weren't building this set and needed all the cards, there is NO WAY I would trade these two for something else.

What I also enjoy about these cards is picturing her visit to Cleve's to make these purchases.  I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that visit.  


5 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Damn! My wife would never attempt to get me cards.

Mark Aubrey said...

Very nice. Keep her.

Daniel Wilson said...

Those are awesome! My wife has bought me packs before and a box or two, but never individual cards. Very nice!

Fuji said...

Your wife bought you cards? You need not say more. She's definitely a keeper. Congratulations on these two huge additions to your collection.

Greg Zakwin said...

Daaaaamn.