Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Look At A Few Things From Cleve's Christmas Auction

And I won't be able to afford any of it.  Well, almost any of it. 

Let me take a step back.  I assume most of you who read my blog know that my LCS has a weekly auction that I either attend or submit write in bids for,  and I've come home with some great things over the years.  Every year, Cleve- the owner, has a Christmas auction that features some unreal cards and collectibles.  Most of this stuff goes for big money.  This year should be no exception.  I won't be bidding on any of the "big" items, except one:
 

 I figure this is my best chance to get a Stan Musial for the 1952 Bowman set I decided to start building.  So I put in a big bid on it and have my fingers crossed.

The only other card I bid on was this Adrian Beltre auto. 

Otherwise, I won't be chasing the other stuff, but I won't let that stop me from showing you the goods.  There are about 300 items up for auction, and below are some that I thought were worth sharing:

 This 1954 Wilson Franks Ted Williams is pretty rare I believe.  Cleve expects this to be one of the highest priced items of the night.

I'm really tempted to call and put in a bid on this tobacco card.  I don't remember the details on it, but it's a beautiful card.



And of course, there are tons of Mantle cards and an autographed bat:





And a few other goodies that would be great to have if I were rich:



I've never seen these Topps "Push and Pulls" but they're very clever, and I hope Topps redoes these with Archives sometime.

 Greg Maddux auto

Wish me luck on the Musial!  I doubt I post again until after Christmas, so I send my best wishes for a wonderful Holiday season to you all!


1 comment:

Robert said...

Merry Christmas Nap, and good luck bidding!!