Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I Came Here To Show Cards And Chew Bubble Gum.

And I'm all out of bubble gum. 

Hmmm.  That was supposed to sound a lot more tough that it came out.  Between you and me, it came across a little dorky. 

But now I'm committed to showing cards, so let me show you some awesome cards, courtesy Greg from Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle.  I sent him a Jose Bautista auto and a few other Dodger cards and he sent back a few items right in my wheelhouse:


This was the highlight of the package.  If this Mike Moustakas auto showed him in his Northwest Arkansas uniform, it would have been more than I could bear.  I'm still hoping the light switch goes on for Moustakas at KC- he was certainly a beast while he was here in AA ball.

 
 
Speaking of beasts, Peyton Hillis was a man-child while at Arkansas.  I remember him coming in as a freshman and absolutely flattening people.  He was wildly popular and fans around here couldn't believe it the next year when Hillis starting losing playing time to a couple freshmen named Darren McFadden and Felix Jones.  What I love about the cards is the uncanny resemblance between his and my arms.


Finally, Greg added this cool mini SP of Jurickson Profar.  Not only is the card cool, but this is the first time I've ever seen a mini card toploader.  Sweet!

Thanks for the trade Greg!  And don't go revealing any secrets you think you may know about me!

2 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

He's got nothing on you, Randy.

Toploaders for non-standard sized cards always make me laugh. I don't know why.

Greg Zakwin said...

Thanks again for the deal Doon! Your secret is safe!