Friday, January 4, 2013

Sampler Album Roadblock: 1994 Topps

I was in college (University of Arkansas-Wooooooo Pig Sooie!) in 1994.  I guess I was either broke or interested in other things besides baseball cards that year, because I don't have squat from 1994 in my collection, at least in terms of Topps Flagship.  I can't find anything in my 5,000 count boxes, and only had one measly Juan Gonzales card in my albums. 

I mention this because I was cuddling my Sampler Album last week and the blank page between 1993 and 1995 kept killing my buzz. 

While we're on the subject of my Sampler Album, I'm also a little miffed at myself that I pulled a total scatterbrained move and bought two 1972 Frank Robinson cards for it:

Not that this is a bad card.  It's not.  It's awesome, actually.  I just don't need two.

I was hoping I could turn this mistake into a solution and trade it to someone for, say 5-8 different 1994 Topps base cards?   I don't care which cards (not Juan-Gone because I already have it, and no inserts or "All Star" cards- just plain old base), but I would like them to be at least a little well known, or interesting players.

Any takers?  I'll probably add in a few packs of junk wax cards too.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

If you don't get any other takers, I can hook you up. I'd give an O's fan a shot first though.