Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Cleve-view : Pictures, Pictures, Jalepenos

Not many pictures, and not much time to talk about them, but here are a few things up for auction at Cleve's this week.

 I do like these 1964 Topps Giants, and would love getting either of these two.





I've thought about trying to build a 1972 set.  If I can get this lot of 400 cards, I'm definately in.



I do want to take a moment and express my.... thanks? to Cleve, or at least his wife, for the big honking bag of jalepenos.   Cleve asked me last week if I liked jalepenos.

"Sure," I said, which was true.  I do like jalepenos.

"Do you like them hot?"  He asked, and had a little bit of a grin when he asked it.
They look innocent enough...


Well, you know me, and what a big macho stud I am.  I'm not going to back down from a warning like that.  "Oh, sure," I said. And then I added, "the hotter, the better," which was totally untrue and a totally unnecessary thing to say, and was totally me just talking big.

"Great," he said, "because my wife just picked a ton of them and I'll bring you a bag when you come in next week."

Friday was delivery day.  I picked up last week's winnings, and he brought out the bag of peppers.  I thanked him and went back to my office.

My first clue to potency of these things should have come when I took one out and smelled it.  My eyes began to water.  But, admittedly, I'm not very bright, and it smelled good, and I decided, at work of all places, to take a big old bite. 

I will say that my co-workers were a little concerned when I came barreling out of my office and sprinted to the kitchen.  They didn't know what was going on other than my face was red and I had tears streaming down my face.  I eventually put out the fire with some water and candy, but it took a while.

I'm still going to eat these things, but not by themselves, and not in large bites.  I guess you gave me plenty of warning Cleve.  I still appreciate it!

2 comments:

Ryan H said...

You could make Jalapeno Poppers out of them. That may cool them down a little bit. BTW it looks like more than 400 1972 Topps in that box (unless you aren't counting duplicates)

carlsonjok said...

If you get those 72s, I'd love to work a trade for your duplicates. I will warn you, though, that if you do start to build the set get ready for the high numbers (657-787) to hurt like a sonavogun.