Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving- Here's My Twinkie Prediction

I want to wish you all Happy Thanksgiving.

Now, on to business.  I want to get it on the record that I, Napkin Doon, am predicting the marketing strategy that whoever buys the Hostess Brand will use when it comes to Twinkies.  I made a comment on Collector's Crack that I thought the new Twinkie company should use the same marketing strategy that Coca Cola used with New Coke/Coke Classic back in the 80's:


1)  Announce a new recipe for Twinkies:  watch product fly off the shelves before the new stuff hits as people want to get as much as they can of the original Twinkie before it's gone.

2)  Tolerate several months of complaints about the new recipe.

3)  Announce the return of the old recipe Twinkie.   Watch your stock soar as everyone buys boxes of Twinkies like they're a long lost relative.


That's what is going to happen if whoever buys Twinkies has any brains.  If they do follow it, I expect some sort of royalty, or at least recognition by everyone that I called it right on the money.

No comments: