Friday, April 20, 2012

A Slight Letdown

Last September, I was lucky enough to watch the Rangers play the night they clinched the AL West.  One of the highlights of the evening was former Razorback Craig Gentry hitting his only home run of the season, of an inside the park variety, and making the crowd go nuts, especially me.

So this year, when I saw that Topps had a "Golden Moments" relic card of Gentry, I figured there was a good chance this card commemorated his HR in that game.  I thought it would be a nice memento of the evening.  I couldn't find any auctions (there were only two of these on ebay at the time I bought this one) that showed the back of the card, and didn't see it on Checkoutmycards.com.  But I was sure that moment would be the subject of the card so I bought it.


Eh, it was a different moment.

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

The moment you described seems like it would have been a better choice.