Saturday, April 7, 2012

Opening Day....

was yesterday! And the day before yesterday!  And a week ago!  But, you know me, I like to go against the grain and rebel against society, so I'm posting my obligatory opening day post today.  You know, when the topic is no longer relevant.

From a sports perspective, yesterday was a mixed bag for me.  On the positive side, the Rangers looked strong, getting a solid win against the White Sox with very good starting pitching, filthy relief pitching and a few timely hits, including a home run from Ian Kinsler. 

 Speaking of the Rangers- I got these Tribute cards this week.

Things are not so rosy in Razorback-land though.  The Diamond Hogs lost their 4th straight game and are officially in a slump.  I don't even want to get into the Bobby Petrino mess, other than to say I don't see how the U of A doesn't fire him.  They really have no choice.  Again, I don't want to get into it because it aggravates me too much and it's no fun to write about.

But back to baseball and opening day.  Here is a look into the Napkin Doon crystal ball:

NL East:  Braves
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Diamondbacks
NL WCards: Marlins and Giants
Oh, and here are some other Tribute cards I got along with the Rangers above.  They are lovely.

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Tigers
AL West:  I decline to pick this division.  Not because I'm superstitious, but because I feel that my making a prediction will have a direct impact on how the season plays out.  

AL WCards:  Rays and a respectful decline to answer on the 2nd team since they may or may not come out of the AL West.

World Series:  Marlins vs. an AL Team from the Western Division who shall remain nameless but have been to the World Series a lot lately.

No comments: