Friday, July 1, 2011

Early Fireworks in the Mailbox

Ryan at the outstanding blog "This Card is Cool...My Life in Baseball Cards"  just made my day!   I recently was one of the winners in his surprise package contest.  I had only a vague idea of what I might be getting, but didn't know for sure until today.  What I got blew me away!

First, Ryan sent these 3 non-sport autographs:

Very nice indeed!  He also sent a bunch of entertaining non-sport cards:

My wife is a big fan of the Tudors, so she gets the Tudors card.  I'll keep the Betty Paige for myself.  The Topps Tribute card of the Tortoise and the Hare is really nice!  There were several of the UD Political cards which I think will be really fun to look back on over the years.  The "art card" at the top is a card of original artwork by wretler Jeff Hardy.  And of course, Ginter minis are always cool!

But the best part was the heap of 2011 Bowman inserts he sent!   Here is just a sampling:



There was about 40 insert cards in this package, which really made a huge dent in my Super Duper Checklist needs!

What a great way to start a long weekend, and thank you so much for the generosity to Ryan!

1 comment:

Ryan G said...

Glad you're happy and that I could help out. That Bettie Page is a beautiful card.