Sunday, February 9, 2014

Cleve's Auction Night: Anyone Like Pins? Padre Pins?

I hope so, because I have a whole stinking bag of 'em after this week's auction:

Now, the question you shouldn't be asking is "Why in the hell would you buy a bag of San Diego Padre Pins?"  You shouldn't ask that because it's not specific enough of a quesiton.  See, it's a bag of San Diego Padre pins for season ticket holders for the 1991 season.

Then, the question you shouldn't be asking is, "Why in the hell would you buy a bag of 1991 San Diego Padre season ticket holder pins?"  You shouldn't ask because I don't really know.  I guess I did it because I have a very humble pin collection that I would love to get into to a larger degree someday.  I'm hoping my little girl will think they're cool and want to do it with me.   So I figure I can trade these off for other pins at some point.  I have a couple of bags of Gateway Computer Winter Olympic pins with that same goal in mind.

Besides the bag only cost me $3.  I guesstimate there are about 50 pins in the bag, so I spent just over a nickel a pin.  I'll probably put a couple up on listia, and of course will be happy to trade you kind folks for any, and I do mean ANY pin you might have to spare (I really like corporate logo pins BTW).  So it wasn't a stupid purchase, so there.


Grades: 

Bag O' Pins:  $3  A-  Sure I didn't need these, but value is value.

4 comments:

Ryan G said...

I'd like one! I have a whole set of San Francisco pins (dated 2011, I think) that I could send you if you want to make this a slightly bigger trade. I have to find them... they are around here somewhere.

Fuji said...

I do the same thing all the time. On Friday, I purchased a collection off of Craigslist for $50. 95% of it was 2013 Topps MLS. Yup soccer cards. But it was a really good deal and my goal is to flip it so I can buy something I want.

The World Famous Andrew said...

I have a ton of Disney pins I'd be happy to swap!

Napkin Doon said...

Sure Andrew, can you send me an email and we'll figure out something?
napkindoon@gmail.com