Wednesday, February 19, 2014

'52 (Bowman) Pickup: Bums Named Carl


The one slight regret I have about ending my blog is that I won't be able to share the progress on my 1952 Bowman set.  I've been working on it for only a couple of months now, but it's been a total blast, and every card is something I'm proud to own.

One of the many pluses of the set is that there are several Brooklyn Dodgers to collect.  I've picked up a few good ones already (Duke Snider, Don Newcombe), and this week I'm adding a couple of Carls: Furillo and Erskine:



They both are in really good shape.  The scan on the Erskine is poor- it's not nearly as spotty as it looks. 

I gave myself 10 years to complete this set, which is about 25 cards a year.  So far, I'm way ahead of pace as I've already picked up 25 cards two months into the first year.  I may slow down a little, but these have been an absolute joy to collect!

No comments: