Thursday, January 30, 2014

52 (Bowman) Pickup: Richie Ashburn

I am having so much fun building a 1952 Bowman set.  Each week I take my gift certificate to Cleve's (courtesy the Lovely Wife) and each week he pulls out a box with '52 Bowman, and each week I pick a couple more out.  I'm still barely 10% into the set, but it feels like I've got great momentum. 

I think that's because I've been getting stars rather than commons mostly.  This week's card is one I'm really excited about, Richie Ashburn:



Other than a little, slightly perceptible smudging in the upper right corner, this card is in great shape.  

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

That's a work of art my friend!

Nick said...

Nice pickup! Ashburn is one of my favorites.

The Lost Collector said...

Very awesome card. So cool that you're building the set. Should be really easy.

Fuji said...

Beautiful set. Keep 'em comin'.

Hackenbush said...

Great!