Sunday, August 18, 2013

Old TTMs- Dedicated To The Lost Collector

I've gone from ignorance, to annoyance, to amusement, to addiction when it comes to Twitter.  I did not get it at first.  Now I'm checking twitter 20 times a day.  I don't tweet much, but I love watching my feed during Rangers games, and I really enjoy watching the little Twitter dust ups that occur periodically.  Sam at the Daily Dimwit, I'm looking at you.

The other night I enjoyed watching the Lost Collector tweet pics of a bunch of random TTM (through the mail) autographs he had collected over the years.  I thought I would outright steal the idea and show some of the TTMs I picked up long ago in my early collector days.  I also thought it would be interesting to see if anyone had any thoughts as to the authenticity of some of these.  I feel pretty secure about some, but others... maybe not:

This is probably my favorite.  I guess I didn't have a Craig Biggio card available to send at the time, so I used the back of one of those Fleer sticker inserts that showed pictures of stadiums.  I hope this is authentic!  If I can reasonably assume it is, I might send it in for PSA/DNA authentication.  It looks pretty close to other autos I've seen of Biggio on eBay.

This looks pretty close too.  I have to say, as a high schooler, I showed pretty good taste in which cards to send for autographs.  If it's real, this is awesome!

I can't tell for sure on this one.  Wonder if Canseco would verify it if I asked him on Twitter?


Wrapping up with another Hall of Famer.  I'd give this one about a 2% chance of being real.  It doesn't look like his signature at all to me.  Maybe I'm wrong.

And be sure to follow me and my non-tweets!  I'm at @napkindoon.  Don't bother following @Lost_Collector or @thedimwit.   They'll just cyber bully you and pollute your feeds with pictures of kittens and quiche recipes.













1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

Doon! These are solid. Well done.