Monday, May 20, 2013

A Dimwit 1/1! It’s Mine, All Mine!


I love trade packages where the bonus card is even better than the card you were trading for.  I was fortunate enough to have that happen again recently with a small trade I executed with everyone’s favorite Dimwit, Sam, from The Daily Dimwit. 

He’s been busting some beautiful Topps Tribute lately, and pulled a Yu Darvish base card.  I was all up in that business, and luckily no one beat me to claiming it when Sam said it was available.  I sent a few things Sam’s way, and he sent the Darvish to me:


Man, that is a good looking baseball card, and I am not even the slightest bit gay.  Not even just a tiny bit.  Even when Yu Darvish is pitching and when the camera captures him staring in to the catcher for the signs and it looks like he is staring in at me.   I don’t imagine us playing catch at the Ballpark in Arlington.   I don’t think about us strolling down the beach talking about life and our hopes and dreams.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the other awesome card Sam sent.  Buckle up, because you need to be sitting down for this one:
That’s right ladies and germs, this is an official Allen and Ginter George Will 1/1!  You may recall that the Cardboard Junkie sent me into a tizzy a while back with his take on my wish for George Will to get an Allen and Ginter card.  Well,  Sam has taken this to a whole ‘nother level, with artistry and craftsmanship that defies reason.

Note the glasses, painstakingly drawn on A-Rod’s face to make him look exactly like George Will.  Yes, that’s right, I said A-Rod!  You likely were fooled by the glasses, but incredibly, the original artwork for this gem was an Alex Rodriguez card.  It’s hard to tell that now, what with “Rodriguez” lined out on the card, as well as the helpful note that this is “Not A-Roid.”

As you can imagine, this card has gone straight into a snap case, as well as straight into my heart.

Thank you for a good laugh Mr. Sam, and for continuing to prove that you are not, in fact, a Dimwit.

No comments: