Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Elation of a Filled Up Sampler Album Sheet: 1972

Since 1972 is my birth year, I seriously thought about building a Topps set from that year.  However, looking at the costs of the high number cards from this set sobered me up pretty quickly and I've decided against pursuing this idea, at least for the moment.   But I can still take a gander at this colorful set, thanks to my sampler album, and I didn't have to put a lot of work or money into it.

That's the beauty of my sampler album project.  It's totally aligned with my half ass work ethic, as well as my tendency to change my mind about what cards I want to collect.  Since I only need to complete one page per set, I can jump around freely.  If I get on a vintage kick, I can focus on those years.  Or I can linger on the modern stuff. 

I just filled up the page for 1972, and I'm pretty pleased with it overall:

Every card here is solid, but I've also got some room to upgrade if I come across something better.  For example, I definitely want Brooks Robinson on this page.  And I'd like to trade out the Bench All Star Card for a Bench base card.  Otherwise, I imagine most of these cards will stick.



 

2 comments:

GOGOSOX60 said...

You get to live your "birth" year set in Heritage in jsut 8 short years!!! :)

Eric Bracke said...

Love the Ted Williams. Sweet looking cards.