Saturday, December 22, 2012

Signed Wil Myers Program.. Courtesy The NWA Naturals

I got an early Christmas present last week when I received this in the mail from the NWA Naturals:

I won this Wil Myers autographed program by responding to a tweet from the Naturals on 12/12/12 asking who the folks out there thought was the greatest #12 ever.  My response was picked, winning me the progam.  (I said Tom Brady was the greatest, but if the question was "who is your favorite #12" I would have picked Myers for sure.)

As many of you know, Myers was part of a blockbuster trade this month that sent him to Tampa Bay.  Here's hoping he thrives in Tampa and becomes the star that so many believe he can be.  While in NW Arkansas he was a hitting machine, and was recently awarded the Topps Spink Award as the Minor League Player of the Year.   He's a bad mofo.

This gives me a chance to once again show the picture of Myers laughing as my boy ran off the field this past summer when his little league team got to take the field with the Naturals for the national anthem before a game:




This also gives me an opportunity to give kudos to the Naturals, who just this month won the Bob Freitas award as the best minor league organization at the AA level.  The award recognizes excellence in community involvement and business and operational success.  For what it's worth, it's our family's favorite activity in the summer, so any awards the organization receives are warranted in my humble opinion. 

In short, I won an autographed program of the minor league player of the year from the minor league organization of the year.  Merry Christmas indeed!

Interestingly, I heard the Naturals might have a "blogger night" and let local baseball card bloggers blog live from the press box during a game.   I heard this when I came up with the idea and told the lovely wife I thought they should do it.  But now my idea is on the internet and will go viral at any moment.

If anyone from the Naturals Organization actually does read this, thank you for the program, and keep up the great work!  See you this Spring!







No comments: