Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Black Friday COMC Spoils Part 6: Deckle Post Pressure Cooker

I was already feeling a little bit of pressure toward writing this post to begin with.  I mean, it's the freaking 6th post in a row in which I've blathered on about my COMC Black Friday purchases.  Black Friday was sooooo November.  But I've got a lot of cool cards to cover and must press on.    I already had every intention of making this post about Deckle Edge cards from 2012 Topps Archives fascinating, provocative and relevant to today's cultural climate.   Here are the cards I'm talking about:
Very cool insert set I must say.  Here is the completed set, all nice and crooked in the sheets because they don't really fit:


I could just let these cards speak for themselves, and leave it at that.

But then my man Spiegel had to go and nominate me as the greatest blogger of all time and now I have to live up to the hype and find a way to entertain you people yet again.

Don't know what  I'm talking about?  Well, you should, so go over to Jaybarkerfan's Junk blog and check out the nominations post for the 2nd Annual Blog of the Year contest that Wes is graciously coordinating.  

Perhaps Spiegel's nomination didn't specifically call my blog the "greatest of all time" but that's how it's being referred to around this household.  I assume I will receive some sort of plaque or citation for being nominated?  I've sent the press release to the local media, but they all seem to be focused on the Razorback Head Coach search (thanks for the mess and the stealing of my ink Bobby Petrino).

What I'm getting at is I'm not sure what to do with this post, so give me some time to stew over it and I'll get back to you.


No comments: