Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Cleve-view: A Super Sized Auction

Soccer practice will keep me from Tuesday's auction, but I still will take a shot at a few items via write in bids.  I noticed there was a heavy theme of T206 cards and 1971 Topps Supers.  The T206s all had $20 min starting bids, and while that's pretty reasonable, I didn't see any players that interested me:

Again, my iPhone is causing me grief.  The picture shows up right side up in the folder but flips when I add it to my blog post.  I also can't go into the folder and rotate it.  I get an error message that says changes can't be made.  Ridiculous.

While I'm passing on the T206s, there are a ton of 1971 Topps Supers that interest me quite a bit, specifically this big lot of them:



I think there are about 30 cards in this box, which is about half the set.  These cards are about 150% bigger than a standard card, and have round corners.   I put in a bid that probably won't get the win, but if it does, I'll have a great jump on building a set.  There were a few of the other key cards up for auction separately too:

The Clemente would be great to have, but I'm guessing it will go high.  I don't have a full picture of it, but the Joe Dimaggio "card" in the upper right is pretty interesting too.  It's from the 50's but I didn't get much info on it.

Speaking of Clemente, I also put in a bid on this 1967 card, which I fully do not expect to get.

No comments: