Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day, Woo Pig Sooie!, and I Love My Big Green Egg

There is not much better than a Monday off.  I hope you all have an enjoyable day.  I'm not sure what we will do today, but I know it will start with Krispy Kremes.

The Razorbacks started their season Saturday.  I guess most other college teams did too, but they don't much matter do they?  I'll spare you guys weekly recaps on the Razorbacks, since I'm assuming the vast majority of you don't care about the Razorbacks, although you should.  I will say that we are excited about the Hogs around these here parts, and the week after a Razorback win seems to always be so pleasant.

Speaking of Razorbacks, I won a pretty cool Darren McFadden graded rookie card on eBay recently and it came in the mail the other day:

I don't know how else to entertain you today, other than to show you some pictures of the magnificent steaks I grilled Sunday on my Big Green Egg.   I wish Allen and Ginter would do a card of a Big Green Egg, if they are going to stubbornly refuse to issue one of George Will.  I mean, tell me this isn't card worthy:

Then add these pieces of cow:

And after a few minutes at a balmy 650 degrees:
I forgot to take a picture of them on the plated, but trust me, it was culinary art.  Pair them up with a bottle of red and some delicious sides courtesy the lovely wife, and a Rangers victory earlier in the day (with a Jurickson Profar Home Run in his first ML AB), and you've got a perfect Sunday.