Saturday, March 24, 2012

Starting Lineup Saturdays: Devaluation Works In My Favor

Every once in a while, Cleve will have Starting Lineups come through his auctions.  I’m not really interested in expanding my SLU collection, but if I see something cheap, I’ll probably try to get it.  Case in point, several months ago, I got this Pete Rose SLU from one of his auctions for $2 on a write in bid.  I didn’t expect to get it.  It was the only thing I got for that particular auction, and since it wasn’t a baseball card, I never wrote a “Cleve” post about it.  


When these figures first came out, I would have had to pay $5 or $6 bucks for this, or much more on the secondary market.   Pete Rose doesn’t do anything for me, but I never got around to getting this one in 1988, so I went ahead and bid on it.  

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Wow... that's an amazing find! I'd love to add a Pete Rose SLU to my collection some day.