Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2012 Topps Tribute

Topps Tribute is a set that doesn't seem to get a lot of attention in the blogging community.  I'm sure many out there are like me and just can't bring themselves to gamble on a getting a big hit at such a high cost.  For sets like this (see Topps Sterling 2009) I'm actually a bigger fan of the base cards than the hits or parallels anyway.  So I'll save my money and pick up a few of my favorite player's base cards, which can be had at a tremendous value when you consider the up front cost of busting a box.  Here is a handful I received this week:

Let me break out the obligatory "scans don't do these cards justice" refrain.  Scans don't do these cards justice.  They are very bright and shiny and remind me a lot of the wonderful Flair sets in the late 90s. Yes they also remind me of the Topps Tribute sets from the past two years as well.  I won't be chasing this set, but these are very pretty cards and would look great as a complete set in pages.

2 comments:

Ultimate Dog Stop said...

Love this set again this year.

Michael said...

Topps Tribute is a great looking set!