… yet so much fun! Lots of things going on this week with my eTopps portfolio, so I’ll briefly summarize the key happenings:
- Aaron Rodgers was added this week, and it’s blowing up! I love this card, and even though the chart above shows me generally the best time to sell is immediately after cards are released, I just can’t make myself pull the trigger. This is a sweet card, and might still go up. However, the moment I start to see it move south in value, it’s gone.
- Of course when I do attempt to sell/trade high, it backfires on me. Take Demarco Murray… please! Last week I traded the Murray card for a T206 Cal Ripken, with a value of around $11. The Murray climbed another $4 this week, and I could have got more for it had I waited. I won’t get too down though. It still worked out positive for me.
- Speaking of the Ripken card, I traded it for two T206 cards: Jackie Robinson and Cy Young. I love these T206 cards, and will take them in hand eventually, so I’d rather have two, especially when one is Jackie Robinson. The value is of the trade is a wash so far.
- I also traded Fred Jackson, and received a 2010 Tom Brady, a 2010 Steve Johnson (which I am attempting to trade for something else) and 4 eTopps points. The points are worth a buck each when using them to pay for shipping, so that will come in handy when I take my next delivery.
- The red squares on the chart are cards I sold on www.cardtarget.com. So now I have some money in my cardtarget account. I can either blow it at www.sportlots.com, or wait and see if I can buy back these cards (or other eTopps cards) cheaper in a few weeks on cardtarget. I can probably get quite a bit with $15 on sportlots, so I’m sure that’s what I’ll do.
- Andy Dalton continues to haunt me. That’s the only card I passed on that I regret.