Monday, October 24, 2011

Now How Much Would You Pay?


Hey, everyone, my pal AJ over at the Lost Collector isgiving away a TTM autograph of All Star Heath Bell that he received in the mail the other…..  wait.

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No Lost Collector. 

I’m sorry I can’t let you mess up this opportunity.

The master of TTM autos should not so cavalierly dispose of the fruits of the art he has mastered.  There is no one in the baseball card blogosphere as good as you at TTMs.  Nobody.  You have a gift, and have  mastered your craft.

I want you to learn a little something from this guy*:



I used to stay up late at night and watch Don Lapre infomercials about making money all the time.  I don’t recall all of the get rich schemes he was up to, and I was never really tempted to call and order his money making kits.   But man, he could talk a dog off a meat wagon.   I do remember he was always talking about placing “tiny ads” in newspapers across the country and making a killing doing it.  He seemed to have mastered this art.    The thing was, he told you what to do, but not how to do it.  To learn that, you had to fork over some money. 
That is what you must do Lost Collector.   If you’re good at something, don’t do it for free.   You need to begin producing your TTM infomercial immediately.  I for one would gladly fork over $19.95 for your secrets.  If you really want to, you can offer the Bell card as a bonus to whoever purchases your TTM Kit first, but don’t give it away dude.  Don’t give it away.

*okay, so this post was written before I found out Lapre was a fraud and wound up committing suicide in prison this month.  That's actually incredibly sad, and not funny at all.   I tried to change the post to feature  Ron Popeil, but he didn't really convey the slickness the Lapre did.  I just had to leave Lapre in. I'm sorry.  

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

This is amazing! For 19.95 I could put tiny classified ads in over 3,000 papers!

Thanks for the pimp. That was great!