Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ho –Ho- Hosmer!

One of the hottest cards in the 2011 Topps Chrome set is the Eric Hosmer rookie, which I guess is his first “true” rookie card, although his eTopps card came out earlier in the year.  I have had no lucking hitting one in the rack packs I’ve picked up so far, and since they are so expensive, I’ll probably knock it off with them for a while.   So when I saw that  Marie from a Cardboard Problem had one and was looking for an Orange parallel card of some nobody named Pujols, which I happened to have, I sent her a quick trade offer. 

Later that day, I went to Cleve’s to check out the upcoming auctions and saw that he had just opened some Chrome himself.   Out of curiosity I asked if he had hit any of the Hosmer cards.  He had, and offered to give me one.  I declined his generous offer, but he assured me it was no big deal, so I was more than happy to accept.    I really would like to dedicate a larger post to just what a great guy Cleve is, and will when my thoughts are more completely formed on the matter.  But for now, let me just say, “Thank You so much Cleve!”

A few hours later, I saw an email from Marie accepting my trade offer.   It was my lucky day!   Two Hosmers are better than one, is what I say, and what I try to instill in others.  So I shipped off the Pujols.  I love trades when both parties are excited about what they are getting.  Thank you for the trade Marie!

I was actually able to see Hosmer play when he was with the Naturals here in NW Arkansas.  I only saw one game (he wasn’t here long), but it was clear pretty quickly that he is a special player.  In fact, let me be so bold as to give you a personal “Napkin Doon Guarantee” that Eric Hosmer will be a perennial All-Star, MVP candidate and first ballot Hall of Famer, and any and all cards you purchase of him will double, nay, triple in value over the next 2-5 years.    

2 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Congrats on the pickups! I like what I've seen from him so far.

carlsonjok said...

Cleve is a good guy. I paid up for my won auctions on Friday and they arrived on Saturday.