Friday, August 19, 2011

Blog Dogs

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the first annual Napkin Doon Northwest Arkansas Hot Dog Tournament Championship!  Gathered today are the 8 best Hot Dogs available in Northwest Arkansas!  That I know of!  Here are your contestants and their seed in the tournament:
1)      Five Guys Burgers and Fries
2)      Chicago Dog
3)      Sonic
4)      Tusk and Trotter
5)      Sams Club
6)      White Oak Station
7)      Back Yard Burger
8)      Kum and Go
You may not be familiar with some of these restaurants, but I won’t let that stop me.  I will give more detail on the restaurants and dogs over the course of the tournament, as well as exciting action photos!
I have appointed seeding based on a cursory, top of my head ranking of these hot dogs in 4 key areas:  Price, Meat, Bun, Fixins.    I am not 100% sure on these prices, but I think they are close enough.  Yes, there really is a $12 Hot Dog available in Northwest Arkansas.
Price
Meat
Bun
Fixins
Score
Five Guys
$3.99
1
1
1
1.7
Chicago Dog
$3.50
3
2
2
2.6
Sonic
$1.99
6
4
5
4.2
Tusk and Trotter
$12.00
2
3
3
5.0
Sams
$1.50
5
7
7
5.1
White Oak Station
$2.99
9
5
6
5.7
BYB
$1.99
7
8
8
6.2
Kum and Go
$1.50
10
10
10
7.9


Clearly, Five Guys is the heavy favorite going into this tournament, and Kum and Go has almost no chance of winning.  But, as we know from sports, rankings and seeding mean nothing!  It has to be settled on the field, or in this case, in my gut. 
So over the next several weeks, buckle up while I figure out which hot dog I like best!  The first contest should be a blowout, with Five Guys Burgers going up against Kum and Go.    But you never know how this thing will play out.  We could be looking at an historic upset.  Stayed tuned for the first matchup!
What does this have to do with baseball cards?  Nothing.  It just needs to be done.
I can just sense the lovely wife turning red with embarrassment already…
Side note,I hope this post shows up correctly.  Apparently there were problems with my last one and it didn't show up on followers reading lists. 

4 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Looking forward to seeing the $12 hot derg. Best dog I've had - Davy's Dogs on I-80 in NJ.

Cheap Card Collecting said...

I went to this place called the Dog Haus near LA for a hot dog on a hawiaan bun with bacon, tater tots, and a fried egg. Soo good yet so fatty...

Ryan G said...

Anyone who is in LA must eat at Pink's Hot Dogs at least once. It's about a mile or two from the touristy part of Hollywood. My favorite dogs in the world.

I wouldn't eat at a place called Kum and Go. Yeah. I've never had a burger at Five Guys, because their burgers are just too good. I can attest to Sonic; their footlong coneys are heaven on wheels.

I doubt I'd ever spend $12 on a hot dog (maybe I did once - what does a chicago dog cost at the Metrodome in Minneapolis?). Most I pay outside a ballpark is about $5 for a chicago dog here.

Good idea - I may have to do a similar posting for SF. Looking forward to the results!

Anonymous said...

Very good post,great fan! :)

Newfoundland dogs