Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lost and Crinkly Trades:

I came back from travel last week to find some nice little packages waiting for me.  I typically am referring to dirty diapers from my little girl when I say this, but this time I am referring to my end of some trades with my pal AJ from the Lost Collector and Ted from Crinkly Wrappers.
AJ and I play Words with Friends.  AJ kicks the holy crap out of me most of the time, and I just keep coming back for more.  He also has a great, energetic blog that is an asset to this hobby.  He also sends cool cards in the mail like these:
The Hamilton refractor is really cool and I love the Piazza Vintage card.  In fact, I may start building this set if I can find some cheap starter lots.  The Gwynn cards are nice too, and hit several gaps in my Gwynn collection.  Thank you AJ!
I also received a package from Ted at Crinkly Wrappers.   This is one of the blogs that I read religiously before delving into the blog world myself.  It’s got a nice, crisp look to it that I envy.  He claimed some of my early Gypsy Queen gets and sent a lot of really nice stuff of top tier players in return.  This is just half of them:
The Ichiro cards are really nice.  I don’t collect much Upper Deck, so these are all new to me.  I also like the UD Icons set and may have to check into building this one as well.  Thank you Ted!

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

Glad you got the cards! Would love to see you build the Vintage set.