Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2014 Topps Tony Gwynn Rookie Reprint Thingy

I don't know if you would call this Tony Gwynn rookie reprint thing a card or simply a collectible.  It doesn't "feel" like a card.  Well, whatever, I don't care what we call it, I freaking love it:


Sure, it looks like a card here, but you would have to see it and feel it in person to know what I'm getting it.  It's got a cool black metal frame and the front and back don't feel at all like cardboard.  Here's a better angle on it:

These are included in Hobby Boxes of 2014 Topps, but I don't know the particulars beyond that.  I've seen several on eBay, and the checklist is short, but loaded with great names.  Not sure if I'll pick up any more, but I'm for sure impressed with this one.


2 comments:

The Lost Collector said...

Nice granite countertop. And nice Metal Gwynn butt thingy.

I can't decide if I prefer serial numbers on the front or the back of cards. I really don't know. But I do know that since it has a seriel number, it's a refractor.

Fuji said...

Dang it. I have to stop reading people's blogs. This is the second Gwynn I've seen today that I'm going to track down (unless of course, they're going for ridiculous prices).

Congratulations on the new addition to your collection.