I noticed today that my follower count is now 100. Not sure when it happened. It may have been 2 months ago for all I know. The first 6 months to a year of doing this blog, I was totally into how many followers I had and what my traffic looked like on a daily basis. But I remember when I hit the 40 follower mark, I felt like I had enough justification to keep doing this and I haven't worried about it since. I have no idea what kind of traffic I get. But 100 followers is a cool number and sounds like a lot. True, I know 100 followers is on the average side at least compared to other blogs I read, but I'm still excited about it.
So to celebrate, I'm holding another Big Fun Game! For those unfamiliar with this, it's basically a "White Elephant" type game. There will be 10 players and 12 prizes. Here are the basics:
- Sign ups will start from now until next Friday, April 26. Saturday the 27th I'll randomize the entries to get the 10 players.
- I'll then randomize the picking order and the first person up selects any prize numbered 1-12. The prize will then be revealed.
- The second player will go next and can either "steal" the first revealed prize, or can pick from the remaining prizes.
- If a player has their prize stolen, they get to pick again from the unknown prizes or steal from someone else (except from whoever just stole from them).
- A prize can only be stolen twice, and then it becomes frozen and can't be stolen again.
- A person that has had their prize stolen can not immediately steal it back, but can if the opportunity presents itself one turn later.
- Once we get to the tenth player, that person can either steal from the previous picks, or can take one of the last remaining unknown prizes and end the game.
- I mentioned that there will be 12 prizes and only 10 players. If for any reason at the end of the game, a player wants to toss their prize back and try for one of the remaining unknown prizes, they can do so, but are stuck with what they get. If more than two people want to do this, I'll choose two people via randomizer.
- Then I need everyone to send me their address so I can get this stuff sent out at once.
I would like to acknowledge that a couple participants from previous Big Fun Games have asked that I eliminate the "steal" aspect to the game as it can cause hurt feelings. I totally get that and considered it for this incarnation. However, the majority of feedback I get is that the "steal" aspect is the best part of the game. I also think since these prizes aren't exactly bank breakers, I'll keep it in. No one is getting a $100 item stolen from them. Having said that, I will disclose that I've got something huge in mind for later this summer in another Big Fun Game and stealing won't be allowed. Stay tuned for that.
This weekend and next week are very busy for me, which is why I'm waiting until next weekend to get started. To enter is easy- just be a follower of my blog, or a follower on my stupid twitter account and leave a comment on this post, or send me a note on Twitter. I'd offer an additional entry for promoting the contest on your blog if you have one, but that doesn't seem fair to folks who just read and don't blog.
I've got some pretty good stuff lined up, but like my previous contests, don't expect T206 cards or Derek Jeter autographs. I just want to set realistic expectations up front.
So 100 "Thank yous" for giving me a little attention, and let's play!