Friday, March 1, 2013

The Elation of a Filled Up Sampler Album Sheet: 1966 Topps

With my recent acquisitions of a pair of 1966 stars (Stargell and Cepeda), my 1966 page is looking pretty serious now:

Several Hall of Famers here, with some other very good players too.  Certainly I'm pleased with the big names, but I'm pretty proud of the Don Kessinger too.  Not only is it Kessinger's rookie card, it is in pristine condition.  I'm proud to say Kessinger was born in Arkansas, but mortified to say he went to Ole Miss.  Boo.  Kessinger has a lot to be proud of:

  • 6 time all star
  • 2 Gold Gloves
  • Coach of Ole Miss (BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!) baseball team from 1991 to 1996
  • Member of several other Halls of Fame:  Chicago Cubs, Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame (yeah!), Ole Miss Hall of Fame (BOOOOOOO!!!!!)

This one may stay as-is for a while.  I'll look to complete other pages before I start worrying about upgrading some of the names since all are pretty solid.

1 comment:

jamicfin said...

I'm all for some Ole Miss hate! Keep it coming!