Wednesday, March 13, 2013

An Awesome 1-2 Punch In The Mail



How would you like to open a padded mailer and see this inside:

And then this:


Ok, so you sad non-Razorback fans might not appreciate this card as much as me, but I assure you it is ridiculously awesome!  The above cards come from Adam at the wonderful blog ARPSmith’s Sportscard Obsession. 

This is one of many trades I've done with Adam, and he always sends great stuff.  All I have to do is get rid of my stinky cards of that stinky team from San Francisco that ruined the World Series for me and the Rangers in stinky 2010.  Sorry, my son has been using "stinky" as his adjective du jour lately and it's rubbing off on me.

I was a bit surprised to see this is actually my first D-Mac relic card.  I could have sworn I had one.  Oh well, I have one now and it’s a hum-dinger!

The Griffey manupatch further convinces me to chase the Rookie Manupatch set from Topps this year.  I only have 3 right now, but it looks like the prices are getting more reasonable so I’m going to chase it.

Thanks for the great trade Adam!  

2 comments:

arpsmith said...

Glad you got the cards safe and sound! Good luck on the silk rookie set, I think that is a good one to go after!

Fuji said...

I'm with you on that rookie manupatch set. It's just too awesome to not build. Good luck with your set.