Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I've Been JABO'd.

I recently participated in one of JABO's ever popular group breaks, buying the Royals on a two box Gypsy Queen break.  I don't do a lot of group breaks, but the Royals were cheap and I thought I should gamble on getting a big hit.  At the time I bought my slot, it was not common knowledge that Eric Hosmer would be one of the redemption signatures available.  Once I found out this was a possibility, my excitement level rose to new heights thinking I was about to make a major score.  My cards arrived in the mail this week, and......

drat, no Hosmer auto.  But I did get two Alcides Escobar cards, and isn't that just as good?  Kyle was also kind enough to throw in some extra cards of the Royals, including a Topps 2012 Hosmer, which rather surprised me since Kyle is a frustrated Royals fan.  Don't worry Kyle, they'll get there eventually!


2 comments:

Kbrewster/90 said...

Man, I hope being JABO'd isn't like being bipped!

6,000,000 Cards and Counting... said...

really love me some gypsy queen!