Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Postcards From The Hall

The lovely wife and I bought new bedroom furniture recently, and before it was delivered, we cleared out all the crap that was under our old bed.   (As an aside, we splurged and bought a tempur pedic mattress.  Holy crap, it is the best money I have ever spent!)   I found a few boxes of stuff I had kind of forgotten about, and SURPRISE, most of the stuff was related to baseball.

Before we had children, the lovely wife gave me the gift of a lifetime by booking a trip to Cooperstown NY, (and some time in NYC) to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame.  One of these days I'm going to post pictures from the trip, but that is not my purpose today.  I also won't spend a lot of time explaining that if you have never been to the Hall, you absolutely should.  Because you should.  I am chomping at the bit to go back, and when the kids are a little older, we're going.

No, today, I just wanted to show some cool postcards I bought while at the Hall, including the above postcard of the Hall of Fame itself.  I also picked up a handful of other really beautiful post cards of paintings by Arthur K. Miller.   I don't need to wax poetic about these, other than to say I really wish there was a card set based on these paintings.  (Who knows, maybe there is.  Is there one, you experts?)   Here are the ones I have:

Babe Ruth
Ty Cobb
Joe Jackson
Jackie Robinson
Honus Wagner

I don't remember buying these, as the trip was almost 10 years ago.  But I sure wish I had bought more of them.  I'm going to have to do some searching and see if these are available anywhere else because they are incredible.

No comments: