Saturday, January 28, 2012

.........Wow....

I don't have a good title on this post because nothing that I would have come up with would have been good enough.   I have been stunned by the generosity of a very good man.  A man you all know as Cleve.

I was in Cleve's today looking around at Tuesday's auction material.  The past couple of times I've been in his store, he told me he had a nice Josh Hamilton card he wanted to give me, but was having trouble finding it.  I thought that was really nice of him and had no idea what kind of card he had in mind.  Today he told me he had found the card and went to the back to get it.  I looked around and a bit later saw him bring out a card that looked incredibly thick.  It was a Josh Hamilton card alright, and when I saw it, I almost passed out.  It was thick because it was a book card.  From Triple Threads.  With Josh Hamilton's autograph.  And jersey relics.  And oh by the way, the other side of the book had Evan Longoria's autographs.  And jersey relics.  And the card is numbered to 9.

Look at this!


I told him I didn't know what to say, and I still don't.  This is just about the best card in my collection now, and it was a gift from someone who had no reason to be so generous with me.   I hope I can think of some way to return the favor to him some day in some way.

If you are reading this, thank you Cleve! You are a special individual, and I am grateful more than you will ever know.

7 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

HOLY. CRAP.

damn....

....

congrats!

moremonkeys138 said...

CRAZY!! That card is incredible! Its good to see an LCS with some good people running it!

Robert said...

Nap, that's a totally awesome tale. Maybe a one word title would work well, not just for the post, but what a lot of people would be when they see the card in person.

Awestruck

Eric L said...

Too cool.

Kbrewster/90 said...

Cleve Rocks! But he also must think you do or no way he would do that. Great for both of you!

The Lost Collector said...

Truly awesome card! Well done, Cleve.

Spiff said...

Very cool. You really ought to post Cleve's address so folks can look him up if they're in the area.