Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011 Topps Finest

I certainly can't afford to open boxes of Topps Finest, but I still like the product.  Recently singles from the set became available on sportlots.com, and I picked up a few to see if I wanted to build a base set.  There are a a good amount of the base cards for $.18 each on sportlots.com if you are interested.  Here was my first sampling of Finest 2011:
 Stantons and Strasburgs at $.18 each are hard to pass up.. of course I needed 3 of each.


No, my two year old daughter didn't set these up on the scanner for me.  These things were hard to line up.  Not only are they slick, these cards curl, and pretty aggressively too.  Right up there with 2010 Topps Chrome as a frame of reference, which is a little disappointing for a premium set.  I don't think I like them as much as 2010 Finest, but they are pretty nice looking.  I'll likely pass on building the set, but if I see a good, cheap starter lot on eBay I may change my mind.

1 comment:

The Lost Collector said...

Despite the curls, which I'm bummed about, I definitely want the Yanks. I love you, SportLots.