Thursday, June 16, 2011

Napkin Doon Attic Treasures #5: A Long Time Ago…

In a small Texas town far, far away….  Little Napkin developed his early hoarding tendencies with Star Wars toys and products.   I distinctly remember my parents suprising me with my first Star Wars figure, R2-D2, right after seeing the movie for the first time.  My obsession was on.  I still love Star Wars, and still have all my toys.  I can’t wait to give them to my boy once he shows some interest, and then I can play with them again!
I just realized my two lifelong hobby interests have been Star Wars and baseball cards.  2 out of 3 of the geek triple crown.  The other, in my opinion, is comic books, and I never really got into those.  How in the hell did I ever manage to convince my lovely wife to pick me?
When I came across these cards, I was horrified to see that they had been wrapped in rubber bands.  The rubber bands were so old, that they fell apart when I tried to remove them.  Thankfully the cards were no worse for wear because of it. 
Actually, the cards weren’t in half bad shape, considering how much I handled them as a child.  I also have near complete sets of all 3 movies, so I might have to add these to the Super Duper Checklist and create an album for them.  Anyone have a suggestion for filling these types of sets?


2 comments:

Ryan G said...

Non-sport singles can be really tough to find, but this is a fairly active set. You might want to browse the forums at nonsportupdate.com to see if there's any trading activity or pointing towards such a thing. There isn't really a sportlots for non-sports cards. Hey! nonsportlots! Maybe I should register it and start my own site! Nah, not worth the effort.

And speaking of non-sport, congrats on winning 4th place in my contest. You have some non-sport stuff headed your way eventually!

Keeping with the Star Wars post, my word verification is "chorboxa" which is an awesome way of mispronouncing Chewbacca.

Dodgerbobble said...

Let me know what you need. My LCS has a bunch of singles. He sells them for .50 to $2.00 depending on the card.

dodgerbobble@yahoo.com